Mountain Acres, Inc. HOA Meeting
May 20, 2017
Officers in attendance: Terry Ogerly, Andreas Suter, Matthew Sanders, Karen Griffin
8 neighbors in attendance.
- Meeting came to order at 10:04 by President Terry Ogerly.
- Minutes from last meeting were read
- Treasurer’s Report was read
- Information about lack of response about State Senator Tim Leonard
- Feedback about NETEO Internet Service
- Positive feedback from Austin (NETEO subscriber)
- If anyone knows a neighbor with NETEO, please let Terry know as we’d like to know how they like it
- Planning a cleanup day for the building and surrounding grounds
- Things needed: Indoor cleanup, clear brush around property, clear out shed (and take things to dump), repair gutter
- June 4th at 10am for clean-up day. Notice will be added to the website
- Gathering Ideas for Future Events
- Pond Day/Picnic/HOA Meeting – June 24th
- Neighbors are asked to bring a side dish; HOA will provide the main course
- Identifying a committee to begin the work on upgrading the building septic tank
- Discussion about pricing, timing, etc. ensued.
- Terry will meet with interested neighbors to devise action plan
- Cluster Mailbox Discussion
- Austin gave update. We will have to finance the entirety of the project, including the mailbox (contrary to previous information). 1 CBU (16 units) concrete slab + CBU (~$1400-$1500 total) vs. 3 CBU ($308 for 95 bags of concrete + 3 units + installation). $1700 installed by pro (1 CBU and slab)
- Location: Where do we want it? Dotty/Parker? In front of the HOA Building? Or over by the ponds (most likely)?
- $100-$150/Household estimated cost
- Bollards to protect CBU ~$100-$150/ea (est.)
- Alternative to CBU: Individual locking mailbox: $123/box
- Outgoing-only mailbox? Maybe on the South side of the boxes in front of the HOA building
- We need to send out information (posters/sign, online, etc.) to drum up support and get payment commitments
Meeting adjourned at 10:56
Recorded by Andreas Suter