3 resident/homeowners attended as well as 2 officers, President Austin Schaefer and Vice President Mike LeFever, for a total of 5 people.
- Good turnout and added a few more members
Report of Officer: Budget
- One deposit for sale of property. Otherwise, no unusual expenses/income
Discussion on what to do with other HOA properties. Ideas included:
- Collection area for road base
- Fire mitigation demonstration area – example of what is “fire mitigated”
- Outdoor recreation/fitness area
Upate on bylaws:
- Most recent draft will be posted to HOA website
- The officers may ask members to vote on whether this version is worthy of sending to a lawyer for paid legal advice
Begin searching for a new president:
- The current President, Austin Schaefer, will likely leave before his term has ended
- Fire mitigation: John Van Doren of Fire Adapted Bailey assessed the neighborhood. To provide for the community’s need, the HOA can support support fire mitigation education but, as a voluntary member organization, the HOA is not able to require or be responsible for ensuring that fire mitigation is carried through
- Roads: The HOA does not own the roads; it is not the responsibility of the HOA to ensure the roads are safe, maintained, or otherwise cared for
- Discussed insurance for Hockey/Ice skating related events. To protect the Association from liabilities.
- Should we the officers purchase a sign to help inform our members. Website is not enough.